Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 3 day 4 and day 5 of bringing the CHRISTmas spirit

Monday was Family home evening we had a lesson about having the Christmas spirit and how as a family could we bring the Christmas spirit in our home.
We discussed the service we are doing and my kids came up some other Good ideas.
 Here is a few.
Display Nativity
Read the Christmas story found in Luke 2:1-20 and Matthew 2:1-12
read uplifting story's about Christmas Here is some good ones.
Make Christmas Cookies.
Listen to Christmas music
Watch up lifting Christmas movies ( we love MR. Krugers Christmas)

After we made a list chose names of family member to secret Santa and went to Walmart to get gifts.
We gave each kid money to put in the Bell ringers bucket as our service for that day.
(Sorry no pix)

Day 4

Ben and I along with his Cub scout Den cleaned to toys in the nursery.
























Ben really loved cleaning the toys he kept making up silly songs.
He also surprised me at how happy he was to serve.

Day 5 

We focused on severing each other .
I watched baby Carroll while Shelly worked.
Maddie picked Ben up from school for me.
Robbie helped Ben pick up a mess he made.
Garrett was my runner and did things for me as I was busy making dinner.
Mylissa helped Ben with a project.
Ben picked up Carrolls toys from out of the living room.

Yes these all seem like simple acts but each act was welcomed and appreciated all the same proving you don't have to do big things to give service.









No comments:

Post a Comment