A few weeks a go I went to a pie breakfast yes you heard me right a pie breakfast as in eating pie for breakfast.
One of gals brought her famous caramel popcorn.
It was soft and gooey and just plain evil.
I asked for the recipe I was shocked when she said marshmallows was one of the ingredients.
Yesterday I was craving caramel popcorn it was the only thing that sounded good to me so I got out of my sick bed and made some.
The only problem was I had deleted the email my friend sent me with the recipe so I just went from memory.
Thank goodness I have a pretty good memory ether that or I have dumb luck.
Here is the recipe.
- 1 package microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup brown suger
- 2 Tbsp. light corn suryp
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 12 large Marshmallows
- Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped or is it un popped kernels.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
- Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.( Don't over cook)
- Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Store in an airtight container.
Don't blame me if you get addicted.