Thursday, December 20, 2012

Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn

A few weeks a go I went to a pie breakfast yes you heard me right a pie breakfast as in eating pie for breakfast.
One of gals brought her famous caramel popcorn.
It was soft and gooey and just plain evil.
I asked for the recipe I was shocked when she said marshmallows was one of the ingredients.
Yesterday I was craving caramel popcorn it was the only thing that sounded good to me so I got out of my sick bed and made some.
The only problem was I had deleted the email my friend sent me with the recipe so I just went from memory.
Thank goodness I have a pretty good memory ether that or I have dumb luck.




Here is the recipe.



INGREDIENTS

  • 1 package microwave popcorn
  • 1/2 cup Butter
  • 1 cup brown suger
  • 2 Tbsp. light corn suryp
  • 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
  • 12 large Marshmallows

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped  or is it un popped kernels.
  2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
  3. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
  4. Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.( Don't over cook)
  5. Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
  6. Store in an airtight container.


Don't blame me if you get addicted.


2 comments:

  1. Great recipe Jenn Sue!! My family is sure to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so good and I think I'll give it a try! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete