Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bringing The Spirit of Christmas day 10

This is just one of the reasons I love this funny silly man.

Monday the 10th Dale picked up the kids from school and went to Walmart to get candy for our annual gingerbread house or this year our rice krispy house.
While getting ready to check out the women in front of them was having trouble paying her bill she was on the phone with her bank trying to figure it out when Dale said let me buy your grocery.
I think he shocked the women but she let him pay for her things.

The part I love the most about this story is that Dale made no big deal about it.
He came home and ate dinner and did not tell me what had happened.
While we were eating dinner Mylissa our 18 year old said" mom dad is amazing he paid for the women in lines grocery's". 
Garrett and Robbie chimed in and said ya that was pretty cool of him.
The respect and pride I heard in my children's voice was priceless.
I know that by doing these simple and sometimes big acts of service for other with our children we are teaching them how to be Christ like. 
I have no doubt that they will continue to serve others when they are older because they see and feel the joy that comes from serving.
I love my husband and my Children so much I am grateful for the love they bring me everyday.
I am truly the luckiest girl alive.


1 comment:

  1. That is amazing, what a great example/testimony to your kids and the people at the store. Lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete