Sunday, October 20, 2013

The best surprise.

I do love surprises so you could imagine how surprised I was when after getting a knock on my door at 8:00 at night I opened the door to see my best friend in the whole world.
She and my husband kept it a secret from me that she was stopping by for a day. 
This picture is awful and she will be mad for a moment that I posted it but I wanted to capture us in the moment.
Berni Jo and I have only known each other for 12 years but in these 12 years we have built a special bond we are as close as sisters are.
We also have gone threw some of the toughest of life events together.
She is my rock and I love her so much.



The day we did get to spend together was filled with doctor appointment's for me.
I had my pre operation appointments I am so glad she and my mom were there I had a slight panic attack in the office and Bernie Jo was able to ask my questions for me.

After my appointment since we were at the Air force academy we went a looked at the chapel.
It is a truly stunning sight. 






The outdide dose not look like a typical chapel in fact the chapel looks like something from a space movie.




The inside is stunning as well I have never seen so many pews in a church and this was only the main chapel.
We did not go into the other chapels.



I loved the stain glass it was almost like we were in a disco the way the light bounced off the stained glass.


After we walked around the base a bit we went home then out to eat with Dale then came back home and spent the night chatting like old times.
It was a short but fun visit and kept my mind off getting surgery on Monday.


2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful surprise. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise! And that chapel is gorgeous. In my prayers - confident all will go well. :)

    ReplyDelete