Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Breckenridge part 1


A couple of weeks a go we took our first trip to Breckenridge CO.


We packed our things and left for a three day adventure.


As you can tell we are always goofy.


I love this shot because looks like the heavens are shinning on us.


Ok enough of the goofy faces and back to the trip.
So Breckenridge is about a 2 hour drive North of Colorado Springs up in the mountains it's a fun little ski town.
The kids were very excited about the trip because we did not have a summer vacation.
When we started our trip it was a beautiful sunny day.
We sang to the radio told jokes and funny stories we were having a blast.
I love road tripping it reminded me of many fond memory's of my youth and when my older girls were younger.


This first shot is us leaving the small town of Manitou  it's about 20 mins from our house. 
We learned later that night that the town had been flooded shortly after we left and the high way was closed and opened a few short hours before we got home.


I love the contrast between the blue of the sky the white clouds and the green from the trees.
I really enjoyed the drive I must have taken a million pictures.


Mr. Stony enjoyed the ride too snoozing on my lap.


We stopped in a small little town  to let Stony go potty and to eat a little lunch.
As you can tell the sky was starting to change.


After getting back on the road from our pit-stop it started to rain.
We were about 20 miles from Breckenridge.


Then it started hailing and snowing  all these cars started pulling over because it was thick and slippery and we were on a mountain pass.
We did not stop because we have a  4 wheel drive and Dale is a very experienced at driving in the snow.
The driver in front of the jeep did not have 4 wheel drive and was defiantly not experienced at driving in the snow.
He was swerving all over the road he finally pulled over and when we passed him he had Texas plates. We just snickered.




As we kept driving in the snow we were laughing that this was our summer vacation.



Only the Wilderness family would go to where it is snowing for a summer vacation. You know we just missed Alaska is all.


As we got past the summit pass it was just raining instead of snowing.


We got in Breakinridge and I fell in love it is a beautiful old world looking town it reminded me of the town I grew up in in Germany.


As we were driving to the condo we were staying in I kept seeing these pink flowers and I thought to myself gee these look like fire-weed a flower that is native to Alaska I thought it only grew there.
I was so excited to see it I love fire weed.


After we were settled in the condo we went to explore Brek as the locals call it we went to a fun restaurant called Eric's down stairs. 
It had a sports bar feel but was very family friendly with  an arcades.
Mylissa was having fun taking pictures with maddie.
Ben asked if I would take a picture of him and Maddie tried getting in the shot and he was a little upset about it and tried pushing her away.
The shot is blury but I love it.

I took one of him with the flash opps but I love his smile even tho the picture is to bright.


I was laughing when I took this one because he grabbed Maddie and said now we can take one together.
Yeah look how great it turned out then my phone died.


This was the beautifull view driving back up the mountain to the condo.
Just breath taking.
After we got back to the condo we went in the hot tub and then watched a movie and went to bed. 
Part two to come.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! You guys make a wonderful team. Go team Wilderness!

    ReplyDelete