Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What a difference a year makes.

A year a go today I had a tumor and my right thyroid taken out. I am not going to lie the surgery was hard in me emotionally . I cried a lot through this prosses I was worried that the tumor was cancerous and hated the fact that I was going to have a scar. 

Yes I am just a little vain. Ok maybe a lot. 
lathe first time I saw my scar when the tape was off I sobbed . 

I tried to avoid the looking at it and kept it covered with scarfs. Beyond the scar my body was haveing a hard time to adjusting to only having one thyroid. 
I was emotional all the time I was hot then cold because the thyroid controls our body tempature. I have gained weight and can't seem to lose it. Now a year layer I am finally feeling normal again. 

The scar that bothered me and put me in tears is barely noticeable. It's amazing what time and healing can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment