Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

12 years ago while sitting in my kitchen making cinnamon rolls on Christmas eve morning I was disgusted with myself for not feeling the Christmas spirit. I vowed  in there to never feel like that again. I was very successful until this year. I don't know what it was about this Christmas season and it totally felt weird like it came to fast and my heart was not in the right place. Maybe it was because we only had three kids home this year and there was a little bit of chaos with our business. Or maybe it was because I didn't set the 25 days of Chist into motion. I don't know it just felt blah. So here I am making the same vowe I made 12 years ago to make sure next year I have the spirit of Christmas in my heart and in my home. 

With that being said this is what we did for Christmas. 


We took the kids out to red Robin for Christmas eve lunch!


That was fun! Then we came home watch some Christmas movies opened our traditional Christmas jammies and went to bed. I am most forgot to put up the Christmas stockings which would've been a big no-no since they are the favorite thing in our house. 



We woke up the next morning made breakfast looked through our stockings. Then something wonderful happened.  The sound of Skype ringing filled the air.
We quickly ran down stairs to answer it. It was so Robbie Who is serving a mission in Mesa Arizona for the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. {For those of you who are not LDS missionaries are only allowed to contact their family through emails they get to speak on Skype or the telephone twice a year Mother's Day and Christmas} to say the least we were super excited to speak to Robbie and to see his face.


We got to talk to him for about an hour it was wonderful to hear his voice into see him he is grown up so much in the last few months.

After we spoke to Robbie we finally opened presents.


Then we spent the rest of the day eating and watching movies. Despite not feeling the Christmas spirt during the season I felt that strongly on Christmas Day. I love my family and I love being with them and I'm so grateful for each and everyone of my children and grandchildren. 
I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas and opportunity to spend time with their family and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment